From: list-catcher <list-catcher@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Using multiple languages in XFCE (and the console)
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 00:14:09
1 On Sun, 15 Feb 2009 00:39:03 +0100
2 Daniel Pielmeier <daniel.pielmeier@××××××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > list-catcher schrieb am 15.02.2009 00:10:
5 > > I'm taking an online Spanish course which requires the use of
6 > > accented vowels along with the ñ character. Right now I'm forced
7 > > to cut and paste these letters when I need them but that's slowly
8 > > driving me insane. Is there a way I can use a control or alt key
9 > > along with the vowel (or n) to make the appropriate accented
10 > > version? Is there another way to handle this?
13 > As XFCE is based on GTK+ you should be able to use this combination
14 > CTRL+SHIFT+U+Hexcode [1].
15
16 I thought of this but it only works in some applications, ones that use
17 GTK. You also didn't read the whole question. Nice try though.