From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: How to set up claws mail
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2017 09:15:18
1 On Friday, 20 October 2017 16:44:30 BST Ian Zimmerman wrote:
2
3 > Is there something else on your system that checks for new mail, like a
4 > notifier pop-up or an icon in your DE? If so, it is possible that this
5 > makes the mail appear "old" to POP, and that claws is interested (maybe
6 > by default) only in new mail.
7
8 My ISP doesn't allow emails to remain on their server after being read. You
9 could say that my fetching of emails is a transfer operation, not a copy.
10
11 Grant asked about a trace of KMail's conversation with the server. I found a
12 Log Activities plugin and activated it, but I can't find a log file. I
13 didn't restart the program, though, so I'll try again when more emails have
14 arrived in the ISP's queue.
17 Regards,
18 Peter.