From: Floyd Anderson <f.a@××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Is udev-mount still valid?
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2018 22:10:56
1 Hi Ian,
2
3 On Sat, 14 Apr 2018 09:58:51 -0700
4 Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××××××××××.org> wrote:
5 >On 2018-04-13 23:18, Floyd Anderson wrote:
6 >
7 >> # find /{etc,lib,usr,var} -path /etc/config-archive -prune -o \
8 >> -type l -xtype l -print
9 >
10 >there is also the app-misc/symlinks package,
11
12 TBH, I don’t expected there exists a package for this, so I’ve never
13 searched for it and its additional features. Thanks for the input Ian.
14
15 >and my own baby for the same purpose:
16 >
17 >https://very.loosely.org/paste/symlinks-pl
20 It’s nice even it runs a little bit slower. I like the prefixed or ‘\0’
21 separated output for further processing of its result.
22
23 One pernickety remark (do not overrate it):
24
25 Because argument ROOTDIR is mandatory, the script should do something
26 when ROOTDIR is not given, e.g. print usage. Maybe ‘-r’ should be also
27 mandatory or the script should define some useful defaults. Consider
28 following invocations:
29
30 $ ./symlinks-pl
31 $ ./symlinks-pl /path/to/broken-symlink
32 $ ./symlinks-pl -r /path/to/broken-symlink
33
34 which do nothing and results with exit code 0.
38 Regards,
39 floyd