From: Marcin Zwd <marcinzwd@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to turn off the screen permanently
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 10:15:36
1 On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 4:25 PM, Florian Philipp
2 <lists@f_philipp.fastmail.net> wrote:
3 >
4 > No, I have this problem, too. When I use 'xset dpms force off' for the first
5 > few times, it works (screen stays off). After that, it always turns back on.
6 >
7 > It also didn't go away when I switched from XFCE to GNOME.
8 >
9 > The problem has been there since I bought my notebook 1.5 years ago. I just
10 > live with it.
13 Thanks. At least I know that this is not something wrong with my configuration.
14 As I mention before this is a small problem and of course I can live
15 with it too, but
16 this is not a point. I often leave my notebook for a few hours to compile some
17 programs and simply it would be nice if the screen stays off during that time.
18 Moreover, if the lid is closed I expect that the screen stays off as well.
19 Fortunately, at least I have the simple solution with switching to the
20 console ...
21
22 Marcin