From: Wol <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] NAS and replacing with larger drives
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2022 17:11:38
1 On 18/12/2022 15:12, Dale wrote:
2 > I can't figure out why it is so slow tho.  The NAS rig is a 4 core CPU
3 > and 8GBs of memory.  It should have enough horsepower under the hood.
4 > Maybe it is something I'm not aware of.  It is a older rig so maybe it
5 > isn't SATA's fastest version, maybe even the original or something.  I
6 > can't find anything in lspci or dmesg so not real sure where to look on
7 > BSD.
8
9 What's the path between systems? Are they both plugged into the same
10 gigabit router? Have you got a switch or something in there? I've heard
11 pretty bad things about switches and lowest common denominator and
12 messing up your speeds ...
13
14 Cheers,
15 Wol