From: Alan McKinnon <alan@××××××××××××××××.za>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Xgl and direct rendering or 'Would you like Xorg or Xgl, sir?'
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 08:15:50
1 On Saturday 27 January 2007 09:58, Jan Stępień wrote:
2
3 > Is it possible to enable some kind of a chooser which would allow me
4 > to choose whether I'd like to launch Xgl or Xorg? While working on my
5 > /usr/share/gdm/default.conf I've spotted a server called 'chooser'.
6 > Could you tell me what is this server doing and could it be a
7 > solution for my problem?
8
9 I use a workaround to accomplish something similar. You'll have to adapt
10 it as I use startx not a display manager. I have two ServerLayout
11 sections in xorg.conf (RADEON and FGLRX), and xinit takes a -layout
12 argument to choose between them. Like this:
13
14 startx -- -layout RADEON
15
16 The -- is required so that startx won't try and process the following
17 arguments, but rather pass them through to xinit.
18
19 alan
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list