From: "Jan Stępień" <jan@×××××××××××.pl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Xgl and direct rendering or 'Would you like Xorg or Xgl, sir?'
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 08:01:07
1 As far as I can see there is no chance neither to get my Radeon to
2 cooperate with open source driver nor to turn on AIGLX with my fglrx, at
3 least at the moment of writing. It's a pity, but allow me then to return
4 to the secondary topic of this thread.
5
6 Is it possible to enable some kind of a chooser which would allow me to
7 choose whether I'd like to launch Xgl or Xorg? While working on my
8 /usr/share/gdm/default.conf I've spotted a server called 'chooser'.
9 Could you tell me what is this server doing and could it be a solution
10 for my problem?
11
12 Of course the choice doesn't have to be done in GDM. It could be a tiny
13 bash script or a simple C++ application run in the default runlevel
14 which would ask me for pressing a specific key to run Xorg - otherwise
15 it will run Xgl - for example changing the line "0=Standard" in the file
16 I've mentioned above. Have you got ideas or do I have to write such an
17 app by myself?
18
19 Regards,
20 Jan Stępień