From: lee <lee@××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] from Firefox52: NO pure ALSA?, WAS: Firefox 49.0 & Youtube... Audio: No
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2016 22:39:57
1 Andrej Rode <mail@××××××××.de> writes:
2
3 > Why
4 >> Or can you explain how unrecognisable names make things easier?
5 >
6 > Yeah they make life easier. From your talk you never had a problem with
7 > eth<0,10> switching names after boot. Everyone who had them appreciates
8 > predictable network interfaces.
9
10 Right, I've never had a problem like that.
11
12 > If you don't like them you can disable them in udev (I actually was
13 > wrong about only systemd).
14 > And actually I couldn't care less how my devices are named. Because
15 > ranting about them on a mailing list already takes more time and
16 > characters than typing `ip a`
17 >
18 > But yeah, I stop feeding the trolls right here :)
19
20 You have missed the point.