From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How's the openrc update going for everyone?
Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 23:51:39
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Tue, 10 May 2011 18:10:40 -0500, Dale wrote:
5 >> After the mess I had with hal and xorg, I hope it is safe. ;-)
6 >>
7 > Of course it is, but so was hal and xorg for the rest of us :-/
12 Well some seemed to have no issues with it and just changing the USE
13 flags was it. Not for me tho. Got locked out of my own system with no
14 mouse or keyboard. I never did get that thing to work either.
15
16 This however seems to have worked. I emerged them, ran etc-update which
17 had a LOT of updates, went through the guide and edited a few things and
18 rebooted. I can't say it was any faster tho. It stopped at one point,
19 which worried me at first, then carried on. I'm not sure what it
20 stopped on tho. Maybe it was a one time thing.
21
22 What do you know, I upgraded and it worked. Now if I can just get rid
23 of this Nepomuk thingy that pops up a bit after I login to KDE. Makes
24 me want to get a fly flap and beat on the message. lol It bugs me.
25 Get it?
26
27 Thanks for the replies. Sort of helped me decide when to do this.
28
29 Dale
30