From: antlists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] systemd mount - what on earth is it doing ...
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2021 18:48:45
1 On 24/09/2021 21:30, Canek Peláez Valdés wrote:
2 > On Fri, Sep 24, 2021 at 2:25 PM antlists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk
3 > <mailto:antlists@××××××××××××.uk>> wrote:
4 >
5 > This is weird ...
6 >
7 > My /home directory is set up somewhat strangely, as in I've got two raw
8 > partitions, I've put dm-integrity on them, raided them together, then
9 > put lvm on top of that.
12 > Which got me into a bind with fstab. I've created a systemd service,
13 > which fires up dm-integrity on those two partitions. But I get the
14 > impression it doesn't run until fstab completes. Catch-22 - fstab tries
15 > to mount /home, but it can't until dm-integrity has made the volume
16 > appear!
19 > Have you tried using Before=local-fs.target in the service? Or even
20 > Before=local-fs-pre.target?
21
22 Bear in mind, integritysetup is not in my initrd, so ...
23
24 It looks to me like grub switches to the real root partition read-only
25 before firing stuff off, so if I tell my integritysetup.service to run
26 before local-fs.target, does that mean everything should be working
27 before systemd runs fstab?
28
29 Bear in mind dm-integrity is on my raw partitions, and I'm running lvm
30 and md-raid, I'm guessing they're part of local-fs-pre.target? So I
31 really need to run dm-integrity before that? Or preferably add
32 dm-integrity TO that - how do I do that?
33
34 The problem is this isn't all that discoverable - even digging around
35 /etc/systemd, it's hard to find clues ...
36
37 Cheers,
38 Wol