From: King Spook <kngspook@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Daemon Group Accounts
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 21:30:05
1 I was looking at my users and groups on my box, and I realized that
2 certain services add user accounts with specific UIDs, but then just
3 gets the next GID for it's corresponding group. I know I, personally,
4 would like to have the UIDs and GIDs match (and I spent the time with
5 usermod, groupmod, and find fixing it so it was).
6
7 I was wondering if there was any policy for this (and if so, should I
8 file bugs?), and how other people felt about this, and if there was
9 any reason not to have the UIDs and GIDs correspond.
10
11 Cheers.
12 --
13 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list