From: Holly Bostick <motub@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Quoting styles
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 15:34:03
1 Dale schreef:
2
3 > I wonder which one worked, the telling it to ask first, which it
4 > didn't, or setting the domain thing.
5
6 I don't know why the asking thing didn't work (I'd have to look, and
7 it's not really important anymore), but the domain thing doesn't have to
8 ask you, because you've told it what to do. Don't worry, there is an
9 explanation of what's going on, but I don't think you want to hear it;
10 rest assured that all is working correctly at this point.
11
12 <snip>
13 >
14 > I can't tell any difference over here. It looks the same to me. <
15 > scratches head >
16
17 Well, there's nothing but text in this message, so there's no reason it
18 should look different when displayed as HTML or as text (because there's
19 nothing to display *but* text, which looks the same in HTML as it does
20 plain)
21 >
22 > Did it work this time too? I'm confused. It's OK, it's normal for
23 > me.
24
25 Well, you could look at your headers to see for sure, but that would
26 probably confuse you more; suffice to say I've looked at the header for
27 this mail, and it is plain text.
30 > Dale :-) <------- Not HTML right? I put in : - ) with no spaces.
31
32 No, it's not HTML-- a cute trick of Mozilla mail and Thunderbird is the
33 ability to convert known "smiley text" to a graphic (it's a setting, on
34 by default, but it can be turned off). It appears to me as a yellow
35 smiley face as well (because I use Thunderbird and have the setting on),
36 but to those using command-line email readers, it appears as a text
37 smiley, which those users should be able to recognize just as well as
38 the graphic.
39
40 :-D
41
42 Welcome back! Glad you let your huff go off without you :-) .
43
44 Holly
48 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list