From: Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What to do when you can't loggin
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 11:08:11
1 Paul Stear wrote:
2 > On Wednesday 21 June 2006 11:05, Neil Bothwick wrote:
3 >> On Wed, 21 Jun 2006 10:47:11 +0100, Paul Stear wrote:
4 >
5 >> > 1. What is the correct procedure to recover a system in this state?
6 >> > What tools do I need?
7 >>
8 >> In this case, all you need to do is boot without X, or SSH in from
9 >> another box. As a last resort you could boot a live CD chroot and fix
10 >> things.
11 > How do I boot without x?
12
13 Hit "I" when the system prompts if "interactive mode" mode should be used.
14 I usually hold I all the way from after the boot loader until something
15 happens...
16
17 Another way: If you use grub, you can edit the boot command line. Add
18 "init=/bin/sh" to the end of the boot command line.
19
20 Alexander Skwar
21 --
22 Dreams are free, but there's a small charge for alterations.
23 --
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list