From: Paul Stear <gentoo@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What to do when you can't loggin
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 10:44:52
1 On Wednesday 21 June 2006 11:05, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Wed, 21 Jun 2006 10:47:11 +0100, Paul Stear wrote:
3
4 > > 1. What is the correct procedure to recover a system in this state?
5 > > What tools do I need?
6 >
7 > In this case, all you need to do is boot without X, or SSH in from
8 > another box. As a last resort you could boot a live CD chroot and fix
9 > things.
10 How do I boot without x? (I've got a feeling I should know this) I am using
11 grub.
12 > > 2. I have an rsynced backup on an external usb harddrive, but unless I
13 > > can loggin how can I restore the files from the backup?
14 >
15 > By booting from a live CD.
16 I tried that but my cd didn't have rsync on it Its 2005.1 created Sept 05
19 This message has been sent using kmail with gentoo linux
20 --
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list