From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] faded images with Gwenview
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2021 09:17:29
1 210914 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Tue, 14 Sep 2021 01:07:42 -0400, Philip Webb wrote:
3 >> So I can avoid the problem either by cropping only with Fotoxx
4 >> or by renaming them whenever I do it with Gwenview
5 >> or by converting PNGs to JPGs before cropping them.
6 > The latter will result in loss of information.
7
8 Ok if the info is irrelevant or otiose.
9
10 >> The bad case does look like a Gwenview bug,
11 >> but KDE bugs tend to disappear into the ocean, if reported.
12 > It sounds like the images are fine, just that Gwenview is displaying
13 > with the wrong colour information. The question then becomes
14 > does Gwenview save the colour information in the image file or separately.
15 > If you do have another user set up,
16 > you could try cropping and saving as one user and viewing as the other.
17 > If the second user sees the image as it should be,
18 > it is the latter and you can locate and remove that information.
19
20 That's all very complex & far more work than I care to spend time on.
21 I believe I've found a solution as above.
22
23 > It does seems to be a bug, and one that has been around for some years:
24 > https://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=139430
25
26 Yet another eg of KDE's cavalier approach to bugs.
27
28 Thanks for the insights.
29
30 > And then Adam said, "What's a headache ? "
31
32 He should have said : "What's an apple ? "
36 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
37 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
38 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca