From: reader@×××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: How to set package.use for layman overlays
Date: Sun, 18 May 2008 13:33:05
1 Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk> writes:
2
3 > On 17 May 2008, at 16:00, Alexander Meinke wrote:
4 >
5 >>>> So again, if one wanted to set some use flags differently for layman
6 >>>> packages ... where and how would that be done?
7 >>> I think that you should use package.use.
8 >>
9 >> Yes. According to Strollers post this is done by an package.use file
10 >> in /usr/portage/layman I think.
11 >
12 > Yes, package.use, but not anywhere special - just the regular one in /
13 > etc/portage/, /etc/portage/package.use. This sets use flags for all
14 > packages, both in the main tree AND in layman.
17 I'm a little confused .. the question (that you quoted in your
18 reply) asks how to set use flags separately for layman overlay.
19
20 So your answer doesn't appear to make sense... but maybe I'm missing
21 something here.
24 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list