From: John Jolet <john@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] MySQL issue
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 21:33:48
1 On Nov 3, 2005, at 1:15 PM, Jeff Smelser wrote:
2
3 > On Thursday 03 November 2005 07:49 am, C. Beamer wrote:
6 >> ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through
7 >> socket
8 >> '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (111)
9 >>
10 >> I googled for this and gather that it has something to do with the
11 >> placement of the mysqld.sock file.
12 >>
13 >> The problem is the only post that I found that was specific to Gentoo
14 >> was in German. Since I don't want to screw things up any more
15 >> than they
16 >> already are, I'm turning here for help.
17 >>
18 >> I do have the file /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock
21 > Thats a connection refused message.. Make sure the proper mysql
22 > files are
23 > there, and you may need to restart it to load your versions of the
24 > grant
25 > tables.
26 >
27 you might also shut down mysql, verify that all processes are gone,
28 and make sure that file is gone. that file should ONLY exist while
29 mysql is running.
30
31 > Jeff
35 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list