From: Jeff Smelser <tradergt@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] MySQL issue
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 19:23:28
1 On Thursday 03 November 2005 07:49 am, C. Beamer wrote:
2
3 > ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
4 > '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (111)
5 >
6 > I googled for this and gather that it has something to do with the
7 > placement of the mysqld.sock file.
8 >
9 > The problem is the only post that I found that was specific to Gentoo
10 > was in German. Since I don't want to screw things up any more than they
11 > already are, I'm turning here for help.
12 >
13 > I do have the file /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock
14
15 Thats a connection refused message.. Make sure the proper mysql files are
16 there, and you may need to restart it to load your versions of the grant
17 tables.
18
19 Jeff