From: Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: How do I modify work list of emerge --resume?
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 20:25:38
1 · Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>:
2
3 > Hi,
4 > I was 8 hours through the emerge -eav world part of upgrading gcc
5 > when it hit the pysol package it's not happy with. The messages are
6 > telling me I need to recompile python with Tkinter support and asked
7 > me to add dev/lang/python X tk to package.use, which I did. However
8 > emerge --resume won't go back and recompile python at this point and
9 > if I start over it's a 575 package compile job and I was already
10 > through about 200 of the packages.
11
12 Yep. One of the reasons, why I *never* use "--resume".
13
14 When I need to recompile world, I use a tiny selfmade script, which
15 you can find on <http://askwar.pastebin.ca/166335>. This script will
16 rebuild a list of packages and will make sure, that packages, which
17 have already been built will NOT be built again.
18
19 Alexander Skwar
20 --
21 Eigenlob stimmt.