From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: In X: <up> wants to "save screenshot". How do I stop this?
Date: Sat, 19 May 2012 18:11:25
1 On 05/16/2012 05:22 PM, G.Wolfe Woodbury wrote:
2 > On 05/16/2012 07:08 PM, walt wrote:
3 >> You did me a huge favor by asking that question, thanks! While
4 >> poking around in the keyboard settings applet I discovered a
5 >> well-hidden option to disable the Caps-Lock key. I hit that stupid
6 >> thing by accident at least ten times/hour and say very vulgar
7 >> things when it happens ;) The keyboard-shortcuts applet does have
8 >> an option to change the screenshot hotkey, so maybe something
9 >> changed it behind your back?
10
11 > Could you amplify a little bit and reveal exactly what applet you
12 > used and where the little option is located?
13
14 Heh. I told you it's well-hidden :)
15
16 This applies only to gnome2. I've been looking for a similar
17 trick in gnome3 but it's even more hidden there and I'm still
18 hunting/hoping for it.
19
20 The System::Preferences menu has a "Keyboard" applet and also
21 a "Keyboard Shortcuts" applet. The screenshot setting is in
22 "Keyboard Shortcuts" and the CapsLock settings are in
23 Keyboard::Layouts::Options...