From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [SOLVED] Kernel build failing on new install
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2020 16:57:17
1 On Tue, 13 Oct 2020 10:13:34 -0400, Walter Dnes wrote:
2
3 > > Try disabling CONFIG_IKHEADERS in your kernel config.
4 > > I have it disabled on my system.
5 >
6 > Thanks. That fixed my problem. It seems that deleting stuff in "make
7 > menuconfig" is 90% of the work in a kernel config. All etherenet
8 > drivers are default enabled. What bugs me is that with every kernel
9 > upgrade, "make oldconfig" shows a whole bunch of new ethernet drivers,
10 > and they're all default enabled.
11
12 AFAIR that option only enables the brand of card, the individual models
13 still have to be selected. But it is annoying when configuring a new
14 version of a working kernel.
18 Neil Bothwick
19
20 Nothing is illegal if one hundred businessmen decide to do it.