From: Willie Wong <wwong@×××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Unusual console input problem certain keys dead
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 22:42:33
1 On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 03:59:17PM -0600, Penguin Lover Harry Putnam squawked:
2 > Key `e' and `/' when pressed just do nothing whatever. I think there
3 > way be a bell since I see a flash when ssh'd in from and Xterm in a X
4 > session on another machine. I may not have sound enabled... not sure
5 > right now.
6 >
7 > Those two appear to be the only keys effected. Upper case E works
8 > fine and the uppercase char (?) above `/' works fine.
9 >
10 > If I press Ctrl-v and then the `e' if works... ditto for `/'.
13 Sounds to me like a problem with readline. Is your /etc/inputrc or
14 ~/.inputrc per chance corrupted?
15
16 You can try re-installing readline and/or baselayout (baselayout
17 is responsible for /etc/inputrc).
18
19 Hope that helps,
20
21 W
22 --
23 "Do you all understand? At this point I'll settle for quiet acquiescence."
24 ~DeathMech, S. Sondhi. P-town PHY 205
25 Sortir en Pantoufles: up 768 days, 21:22