From: Lars Madson <rwx700@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: del.uged want to start on net.eth1, only eth0 is there
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2011 15:15:56
1 Yes I have only one ethernet adapter, eth0.
2 My /etc/init.d/net.eth1 is a symlink to net.lo
3 I can remove it.
4 But shouldn't it be a /etc/init.d/net.eth0 ?
5
6 my udev rule seems alright.
7
8 thx
9 Laurent
10
11 2011/9/4 walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
12
13 > On 09/04/2011 06:27 AM, Lars Madson wrote:
14 > > Hi,
15 > >
16 > > After upgrading world, I might have gone a bit fast on the last conf
17 > files that I update with etc-update.
18 > > Now that I restart deluged, the init script brings up eth1 but I only
19 > have eth0 correctly setup.
20 > > It should use eth0. In rc-update list I see net.eth1, no net.eth0, if it
21 > can help.
22 > >
23 > > My question is when this net.eth1 is called so that I could fix this
24 > wrong routing?
25 >
26 > If you are using only one ethernet adapter then you should remove
27 > /etc/init.d/net.eth1.
28 >
29 > If eth1 seems to exist somewhere but it really shouldn't exist, then
30 > you should delete /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules and reboot.
31 > That should get rid of eth1.
32 >
33 > If you really have two ethernet adapters then my answer is probably wrong.