From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Wrong domain in e-mail failure messages
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2015 14:46:00
1 On Sunday 11 October 2015 12:11:07 I wrote:
2
3 > I've just received a delivery failure message from my ISP, zen.co.uk, saying
4 > it couldn't deliver an e-mail I'd sent. There's only one thing wrong (apart
5 > from the reason for the failure, which is out of my control). It's shown in
6 > the second line of the failure notice:
7 >
8 > Received: from [xx.xx.xx.xx] (helo=wstn.localnet)
9 >
10 > I've bowdlerised the IP, and wstn is the name of this box, but where did it
11 > get localnet from? I've grepped /etc for it, and I've searched my home
12 > directory tree for it. Both searches turned up empty.
13 >
14 > I use KMail, which is set up to send all outgoing mail directly to my ISP
15 > via SMTP; no other box is involved. And I hope my ADSL router isn't
16 > interfering.
17
18 I think what must have happened is that, in my KMail identity, I'd left the
19 default domain name as it was - just the host part. I've now added the network
20 part to it, and I'll see how that goes.
21
22 Thanks for the ideas.
25 Rgds
26 Peter