From: Norberto Bensa <nbensa@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Thanks and bye for now
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 10:08:46
1 Quoting Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>:
2
3 > It got worse with kernel 2.6.28, btw, especially mouse cursor movement.
4 > It gets stuck and skips very noticeably. Fortunately, it's not a
5 > point yet where I would describe it as unusable, but if the trend
6 > continues, desktop will be totally unusable by 2.6.31/32 when doing
7 > something that produces load.
8
9 Oh pleeeaase...
10
11 You have a broken system. Don't blame Linux for that.
12
13 $ uname -a
14 Linux venkman 2.6.28-gentoo #1 SMP PREEMPT Thu Dec 25 16:48:22 ARST
15 2008 x86_64 Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6600 @ 2.40GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux
16
17 I'm currently compiling gcc-4.3.2-r2, I have no cursor lagging, stuck,
18 or whatever. Everything is normal. Like if I were not compiling at all.
19
20 So check your kernel config, your hardware, etc.
21
22 Regards,
23 Norberto
27 This message was sent using IMP, the Internet Messaging Program.