From: Jeffrey Anthony Serio <serio.jeffrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] howto on setting up rootfs on ZFS?
Date: Mon, 20 May 2013 18:52:23
1 Have you looked at this?
2 https://github.com/pendor/gentoo-zfs-install/tree/master/install
5 On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 12:52 PM, Douglas J Hunley <doug.hunley@×××××.com>wrote:
6
7 > I used the existing wiki to get ZFS up and running on my system a few
8 > weeks ago and after getting familiar with it, beating it up a bit, and
9 > breaking it in as many different ways as I could envision, I think I'm
10 > happy with it. I'd now like to use it as my rootfs. I'm going to leave
11 > /boot as a separate extX filesystem for simplicity's sake. I can't find any
12 > decent Gentoo-related documentation on setting up rootfs on ZFS. I'm not
13 > even sure what boot media supports ZFS (system rescue cd doesn't, and my
14 > googling turns up a bunch of *bsd based media).
15 >
16 > Anyone done this before and care to help a brotha out?
17 >
18 > --
19 > Douglas J Hunley (doug.hunley@×××××.com)
20 > Twitter: @hunleyd Web: