From: "Petteri Räty" <petteri.raty@××××××××××.fi>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What happened with KDE?
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 22:11:16
1 Radu Filip wrote:
2 > One of the reasons for which I switched to Gentoo two years ago was the
3 > fact from all the distributions out there, Gentoo was one of the fastest
4 > to provide a KDE build for the stable version, as soon as KDE team did a
5 > new new release.
6 >
7 > I am "emerge sync"-ing almost daily and still there is no KDE 3.4.2 or
8 > KDE 3.4.3 available:
9 >
10 > [ebuild R ] kde-base/kde-3.4.1
11 >
12 > Am I missing something? I know I can use the "testing" version (~x86)
13 > but is there a serious reason for why there has been no new release of
14 > KDE for the stable Gentoo in the last months? I've read the Changelogs
15 > of kdebase and kdelibs from Gentoo Online Package Database and I found
16 > no clue.
17 >
18 > As an ultimate solution, how "stable" is the testing build of KFDE
19 > 3.4.3-r1?
20
21 I use kde-3.5_betas and they are very good so I guess that 3.4.3-r1
22 should work very well too but your mileage may wary. I have been trying
23 to ask for getting a later KDE to stable lately but no progress has been
24 made. Hopefully soon.
25
26 Regards,
27 Petteri Räty