From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: dealing with distfiles bloat?
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2016 15:59:15
1 On 19/03/2016 12:47, Hans wrote:
2 > On 07/03/16 03:38, Alan Grimes wrote:
3 >> I can't really read the stupid unformatted du output but it looks like I
4 >> have 30 gb of bloat in some 3,600 files in my distfiles directory. is
5 >> there any sane way to prune out some of the older versions, I am in no
6 >> mood to spend all day hand-pruning these and the nuclear option is not
7 >> too friendly to the portage servers that I want to respect.
10 >> nuclear = rm * -> emerge --fetchonly --emptytree system
14 > Just cleaned 9GB distfiles using 'rm /usr/portage/distfiles/*'
20 Or, you can use the gentoo-supplied script that lets you pick types of
21 distfiles t remove.
22
23 It's called eclean
28 Alan McKinnon