From: Adam Carter <adamcarter3@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kernel panic - not syncing: No working init found.
Date: Sat, 06 Jun 2020 05:55:43
2 > On my boxes with swap files, kernel 5.7.0 barfs;
3 >
4 > # file /swapfile
5 > /swapfile: Linux/i386 swap file (new style), version 1 (4K pages), size
6 > 2097151 pages, no label
7 > # swapon -a
8 > swapon: /swapfile: swapon failed: Invalid argument
9 >
10 > I havent looked into it yet as they're rarely used at all. What kernel are
11 > you using?
14 FYI this issue is due to fallocate creating files with holes (found via
15 dmesg | grep -i swap). Once I recreated the files with dd if=/dev/zero they
16 were good.