From: kashani <kashani-list@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Setting up SMTP relay
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 00:04:04
1 On 1/23/2011 12:20 PM, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 >
3 > It manages it's own queues beautifully. But, and this makes me sad, it doesn't
4 > really want *me* to manage it's queues. Border controls are hard, and finding
5 > the 1,000 mails some idiot with a Windows bot just sent, and deleting them, is
6 > really hard.
7 >
8 > I'm redesigning our mail setup at work,a nd I'm going to do it with exim *and*
9 > Postfix. Exim is the front end I can see, work with, and manage. Exim sends on
10 > to Postfix as fast as it can, and Postfix transparently relays to recipient. I
11 > get best of both worlds :-)
12
13 I can't say I've ever needed anything more than mailq | grep |awk |
14 postsuper -d - in order to delete mail from the Postfix queues. What
15 sort of things are your trying to do other than delete a lot of spam or
16 bounces?
17
18 kashani