From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Modifying LiveCDs
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 16:50:18
1 On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 12:34 PM, James <wireless@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > Michael Mol <mikemol <at> gmail.com> writes:
5 >> What I'd like to do is drop the stage3 and Portage snapshots onto the
6 >> ISO before burning, but I've never done anything with mastering
7 >> bootable discs. Could someone provide me with some pointers?
8 >
9 >> (I don't strictly need to put it all one one disc; it's just an
10 >> opportunity to learn some more about systems through application)
11 >
12 > Catalyst was the tool of choice; it's in portage.
13 >
14 > Personally, I'd track down the guy (name eludes me) that put
15 > together the liveDVD-11.2, as I recall he is very smart
16 > and friendly. Seek his opinion on your tasks.
17 > ;-)
18 >
19 > He can cut through advise from this group and give you
20 > the straight skinny....
21
22 I figured I'd ask here, because this is the densest collection of
23 knowledgeable people I've ever encountered. LMGTFY is just a hot
24 button for me.
27 > Do drop us a line where your offering is posted.
28
29 Was only planning to do a one-off, but if I can put together a script
30 to automate it--and hopefully that doesn't result in reinventing
31 catalyst--I'll drop a link to it.
34 :wq