From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Modifying LiveCDs
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 16:35:59
1 Michael Mol <mikemol <at> gmail.com> writes:
4 > What I'd like to do is drop the stage3 and Portage snapshots onto the
5 > ISO before burning, but I've never done anything with mastering
6 > bootable discs. Could someone provide me with some pointers?
7
8 > (I don't strictly need to put it all one one disc; it's just an
9 > opportunity to learn some more about systems through application)
10
11 Catalyst was the tool of choice; it's in portage.
12
13 Personally, I'd track down the guy (name eludes me) that put
14 together the liveDVD-11.2, as I recall he is very smart
15 and friendly. Seek his opinion on your tasks.
16 ;-)
17
18 He can cut through advise from this group and give you
19 the straight skinny....
20
21 Do drop us a line where your offering is posted.
25 just a thought.
26
27 hth,
28 James