From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Udev-197 : 4 show-stoppers
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 01:41:37
1 On Wednesday 23 January 2013 11:06:17 Gregory Shearman wrote:
2
3 > Even if you didn't see the message
4
5 ...as I didn't...
6
7 > and your system didn't boot
8
9 ...as mine didn't...
10
11 > then you could still fix things by using your Minimal Install CD to start
12 > up, then chroot into your normal system and rebuild your kernel.
13
14 ...as I did. I described this in my message of Sunday last.
15
16 Anyway, my point is that I didn't see any warnings of what was about to
17 happen, and I don't expect to find myself with an unbootable, supposedly
18 stable system, i.e. without setting ~amd64. Something went wrong here.
19
20 Mind you, it was nothing like the mayhem caused by the latest kmail.
23 Peter