From: "Hemmann
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo in the workplace
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 04:34:19
1 On Donnerstag, 14. Juni 2007, Sartorelli, Jason wrote:
2 > Thanks Ken,
3 > So what do other people do when they need to use ActiveX?
4 > Is there any work arounds etc?
5 >
6 > Hmmm, its interesting as before now (as I use server, desktop and laptop
7 > builds) I couldn't see what was stopping businesses using Linux on their
8 > desktops but as there are about 5 internal sites (such as our Helpdesk
9 > tool, Cisco Call Manager) which are needed on a daily basis I guess the
10 > 'little' things are pretty large obstacles. I guess hopefully in the future
11 > such tools will be obsolete as people code for Firefox and IE (without
12 > Active X)
13
14 AFAIR some versions of IE work with crossover. You might check their hp.
15
16 Also, some people just use the IE installed in their XP running on vmware ;)
17 --
18 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list