From: Grant Edwards <grante@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Terminals that work with "compose" key?
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 22:44:59
1 On 2009-02-17, Grant Edwards <grante@××××.com> wrote:
2
3 >> It looks like the deadkeys problem was a known bug and should have
4 >> been fixed in 1.0.1-r2 (there is aterm-1.0.1-deadkeys.patch in the
5 >> portage tree). What version did you try?
6 >
7 > Great! Not sure why I didn't find that when I was Googling
8 > earlier.
9
10 After looking more closely at the patch, I _had_ found that bug
11 and patch when Googling, but it simply didn't occur to me that
12 a fix that had been out for 3 years would be masked by the ~x86
13 keyword. Development of aterm is a bit on the slow side.
14 IIRC, it's now officially abandoned in favor of urxvt. I'll
15 probably continue to use it since compose works in aterm and
16 not in urxvt.
17
18 Upgrading to 1.0.1-r2 does fix the problem.
21 Grant Edwards grante Yow! Okay ... I'm going
22 at home to write the "I HATE
23 visi.com RUBIK's CUBE HANDBOOK FOR
24 DEAD CAT LOVERS" ...