From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: lpr quit working
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 04:15:20
1 James <wireless <at> tampabay.rr.com> writes:
4 > I have a postscript printer HP4000N that is working fine.
5
6 > All printing works except lp or lpr when sending a plain
7 > ascii file, If I print a postscript file with lpr it works fine.
8
9 Well,
10
11 I hate to answer my own posts, but, this file was missing
12 from the gentoo systems that could not print ascii
13 text file with lpr
14
15 /etc/cups/ppd/LaserJet.ppd
16
17 copying it to the affected machines fixes the problem.....
18
19 sorry to disturb the list with my admin issues....
22 James
29 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list