From: Eduardo Otubo <eduardo.otubo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problem mounting cdrom,cdrw,usb
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 15:04:54
1 Norman,
2
3 First understand one thing: The terminal is always a good friend :-)
4 Second, let's explain the fstab: Fstab (filesystem table) is a table
5 with all the specification for you filesystem. Check this out:
6 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fstab. To check the content of fstab just
7 type this on you terminal:
8
9 $ cat /etc/fstab
10
11 (and paste here the result of this command)
12
13 Third, to mount manually a device, you need to know first which device
14 is what on your Linux. Usually, cdrom is some /dev/hdc thing. Then, to
15 mount it:
16
17 $ mount /dev/hdc /mnt/cdrom
18
19 The strange things is: How did you installed gentoo without knowing
20 this issues? :-)
21
22 Hope this 2 cents helps you.
23
24 On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 3:25 AM, Norman Hakim