From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: status of dev-java/icedtea
Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2016 06:38:40
1 On 2016-07-01 15:39 -0700, Daniel Campbell wrote:
2
3 > Even poor patches are encouraged in bug reports, because a hacky patch
4 > can be turned into a better one. Chewi and monsieurp have done a lot to
5 > improve Java packages, but there are so many that they won't know which
6 > ones need attention without a bug report.
7
8 This is a misunderstanding: the thread mostly is about me migrating to a
9 relatively nice java using package (cgoban2) because its predecessor
10 (cgoban), written to bare Xlib, is insufferable. It is this latter
11 package I tried patching.
12
13 > As far as I understand, we generally recommend icedtea over Oracle's
14 > Java stuff.
15
16 Really? The thread started with me asking about the removal of icedtea
17 from stable. (Looking at its list of build dependencies, I sorta
18 understand :P)
21 Please *no* private copies of mailing list or newsgroup messages.
22 Why does the arrow on Hillary signs point to the right?