From: Alan <alan@×××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] dvdrip help
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 08:49:31
1 On Sat, Mar 11, 2006 at 04:13:27PM -0600, Mike Myers wrote:
2 > I'm having a problem with dvdrip. I emerged it and when I try to run it
3 > it just says:
4 >
5 > [filterlist] (re)scanning transcode's module path /usr/lib/transcode...
6 >
7 > but it never actually does anything. That message will stay there for
8 > indefinitely until I kill it. It doesn't give a gui or anything. Is
9 > there a way to fix this? Or, is there an alternative way to rip/create
10 > a dvd to remove the stupid region codes?
11
12 I actually get the same thing when I run it (mostly stable x86, some
13 ~x86). Emerging the ~x86 version and got the same thing :(
14
15 A couple of options.
16
17 - dvdbackup, dvd9to5 and lxdvdrip seem to work nicely enough
18 - I've heard that dvdshrink (windows software) will run properly under
19 wine. Put in dvdshrink into a forums.gentoo.org search to get more
20 details (I haven't done this myself).
21
22 Alan
25 Alan <alan@×××××.org> - http://arcterex.net
27 "Backups are for people who don't pray." -- big Mike
28 --
29 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list