From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: homemade nas setup
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 12:01:47
1 On Friday 30 January 2009 18:30:41 Harry Putnam wrote:
2 > Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org> writes:
3 > > I just bought a USB hard disk and plug it into whichever box I want to
4 > > back up. Each box has a small rescue system, which I boot into to make
5 > > the backup to ensure that all files are copied. Just a simple tar
6 > > command, without compression for speed.
7 >
8 > Well, that isn't even close to nas... but thanks.
9
10 No, of course not, and what's more it denies you the fun of getting another
11 gizmo working, but for simplicity it's hard to beat. For my purposes,
12 anyway.
15 Rgds
16 Peter