From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: homemade nas setup
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 18:31:20
1 Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org> writes:
2
3 > On Friday 30 January 2009 00:06:05 Harry Putnam wrote:
4 >
5 >> I've been looking into setting up or getting somekind of nas
6 >> storage/backup capability lately so thought I'd ask about it here
7 >> since I'm sure some of you will be using something or will have built
8 >> your own.
9 >
10 > I just bought a USB hard disk and plug it into whichever box I want to back
11 > up. Each box has a small rescue system, which I boot into to make the
12 > backup to ensure that all files are copied. Just a simple tar command,
13 > without compression for speed.
14
15 Well, that isn't even close to nas... but thanks.