From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Quoting style on HTC Dream
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 22:34:14
1 On Fri, 13 Nov 2009 20:39:20 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2
3 > > Try K9-Mail, a proper POP/IMAP mailer that now supports push mail (the
4 > > only reason I stuck with the GMail app for the past year).
5
6 > Good link, thanks :-)
7 >
8 > I downloaded it and so far it looks OK, but need to play more. First
9 > thing I need to figure out is how to make it refresh the inbox when,
10 > and only when, I click the button myself. I don't quite do this "beep
11 > at me every time there's a new email" thing - I already have several
12 > notebooks for that :-)
13
14 I don't do the beep thing either, I don't want it waking me up in the
15 middle of the night just to let me know a phishing mail made it past my
16 spam filter, I just have the status bar notification.
17
18 You can get what you want in the account settings, set the check
19 frequency to never and the folder push mode to None.
23 Neil Bothwick
24
25 All Scottish food is based on a dare.