From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Q: How is that terminus technicus for...
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2014 15:31:18
1 Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> [14-11-16 15:20]:
2 > On Sunday 16 Nov 2014 13:49:02 meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
3 > > Hi,
4 > >
5 > > I connected a Arietta.G25 via Ethernet over USB (using a simple USB
6 > > cable and hardware USB->Ethernet Adaptor to my Gentoo PC. I can ssh
7 > > on that little tiny board. Now I want to access the internat from
8 > > within the Arietta. Therefore all requests need to be transfered from
9 > > the Arietta board to my PC, which then plays the role of an ISP to
10 > > the Arietta board and itself places the requests to the internet
11 > > instead of the Arietta board itself.
12 > >
13 > > But this is a too longish explanation to be put into a google request.
14 > >
15 > > Is there any name for that...so I am able to find the tutorials/howtos
16 > > myself?
17 > >
18 > > Sorry...I am no native english speaker...
19 > >
20 > > Best regards,
21 > > Meino
22 > >
23 > > PS: What USB->Ethernet adaptor could one recommend...the Arietta is
24 > > USB-powered...?
25 >
26 > Sorry, I don't even know what Arietta may be. You need to be able to forward
27 > packets from Arietta via your PC and 'masquerade' their address. If the
28 > connection was via ethernet, then something like this would work:
29 >
30 > echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
31 > iptables -t nat -F
32 > iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -j MASQUERADE
33 >
34 > However, I am not sure if something special is needed for a USB to PC
35 > connection, it depends what the USB connection shows up as. I hope this gets
36 > you on the right path.
37 >
38 > --
39 > Regards,