From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Nasty bugs in portage?
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 20:18:19
1 On Fri, 01 Jan 1988 00:18:00 +0100, Frank Schafer wrote:
2
3 > > The good news is that you'll only need to do this during the
4 > > beginning when the system is being built from scratch; once you're up
5 > > and running you normally won't need to do this again.
6 >
7 > I don't get You at this point. I'll have to start ''emerge --emptytree
8 > system'', wait until it crashes, run ''fix_libtool_files.sh'' and run
9 > ''emerge --emptytree system'' ones more, hoping that it won't crash this
10
11 emerge --resume will restart with the package that failed previously. You
12 don't need to start over each time.
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 Your lack of organisation does not represent an
19 emergency in my world.