From: Daniel Iliev <danny@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Profile USE flags
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 12:34:30
1 On Sun, 15 Apr 2007 10:54:34 +0100
2 Graham Murray <graham@×××××××××××.uk> wrote:
3 > I know how euse works (and do use it). What I am more interested in is
4 > why the profile maintainers decided that an existing (for example
5 > 'kerberos') flag should now be enabled by default in x86/2007.0/desktop
6 > when it was not enabled in previous profiles.
9 There is also a quick & dirty trick to ignore such kind of changes: put
10 in your /etc/make.conf all the USE flags you want enabled and prefix
11 them with "-*". For example:
12
13 USE="-* amd64 3dnow X a52 aac acl acpi alsa apm audiofile bash-completion \
14 bcmath bonobo bzip2 calendar caps cdparanoia cdr clamav \
15 bla-h-blah blah"
19 Best regards,
20 Daniel
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list