From: Graham Murray <graham@×××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Profile USE flags
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 10:01:23
1 Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net> writes:
2
3 > Graham Murray wrote:
4 >> I have just looked at the 2007.0 profile and have seen that extra USE
5 >> flags have been added. Is there any source of information on the
6 >> reasoning behind USE flags being added to and removed from profiles?
7 >> Knowing the reasons for specific flags being added or removed from the
8 >> profile would help make an informed decision as to whether to edit
9 >> /etc/make.conf and add '-flagname' for features which have been added
10 >> but I do not think I need (or want) and add 'flagname' for those which
11 >> have been removed but I think I still want.
14 > Well, if you want to know what a USE flag is for, you can try euse. It
15 > works like this:
16
17 I know how euse works (and do use it). What I am more interested in is
18 why the profile maintainers decided that an existing (for example
19 'kerberos') flag should now be enabled by default in x86/2007.0/desktop
20 when it was not enabled in previous profiles.
21 --
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list