From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Profile USE flags
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 09:09:27
1 Graham Murray wrote:
2 > I have just looked at the 2007.0 profile and have seen that extra USE
3 > flags have been added. Is there any source of information on the
4 > reasoning behind USE flags being added to and removed from profiles?
5 > Knowing the reasons for specific flags being added or removed from the
6 > profile would help make an informed decision as to whether to edit
7 > /etc/make.conf and add '-flagname' for features which have been added
8 > but I do not think I need (or want) and add 'flagname' for those which
9 > have been removed but I think I still want.
12 Well, if you want to know what a USE flag is for, you can try euse. It
13 works like this:
14
15 > root@smoker / # euse -i gimp
16 > global use flags (searching: gimp)
17 > ************************************************************
18 > no matching entries found
19 >
20 > local use flags (searching: gimp)
21 > ************************************************************
22 > [+ C ] gimp (media-gfx/dcraw):
23 > Builds rawphoto plugin for the GIMP
24 >
25 > [+ C ] gimp (media-gfx/gtkam):
26 > GIMP plugin from gtkam
27 >
28 > [+ C ] gimp (media-gfx/iscan):
29 > Build a plugin for the GIMP
30 >
31 > [+ C ] gimp (media-gfx/sane-frontends):
32 > Build a plugin for the GIMP
33 >
34 > [+ C ] gimp (media-gfx/ufraw):
35 > Build a plugin for the GIMP
36 >
37 > [+ C ] gimp (media-gfx/xsane):
38 > Build a plugin for the GIMP
39 >
40 > root@smoker / #
41
42 man euse for more info. It is part of gentoolkit if you need to install it.
43
44 I hope that helps.
45
46 Dale
47
52 www.myspace.com/-remove-me-dalek1967
53
54 Copy n paste then remove the -remove-me- part.
57 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list