From: Yahya Mohammad <mfyahya@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Suspend/Hibernate on Dell Inspiron 6000
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 08:30:12
1 On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 08:18:37AM +0930, Iain Buchanan wrote:
2 > I've never tried suspend to ram, so I don't have much help. Did you try
3 > this with xdm shut down also? You could try the vbetool settings in
4 > common.conf. Also, try with/without combinations of SwitchToTextMode,
5 > userui_program, etc. And I don't know what AcpiVideoS3Bios but it's
6 > worth a try.
7
8 Yes, I did try with xdm shut down. When I enabled vbetool, hibernate to
9 disk stopped resuming too. I either got a blank screen, or one that
10 displayed lots of colors in a weird pattern before slowly turning off.
11
12 > As you can tell, I'm stabbing in the dark! If you ultimately get
13 > nowhere, then the suspend2 users list has excellent help from some of
14 > the devs.
15
16 I'll check that list out too, thanks. It is quite a hassle testing this
17 though, next time I'm getting one of those vendor supported linux
18 laptops. Right now, I hope to get this working, and publish my settings
19 so others may be saved from the trouble.
20 --
21 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list