From: David Rosenbaum <rosenbaumd181@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Portage wrongly blocking an update
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2023 12:05:37
1 Thanks
2
3 Dave
4
5 On Sun, Jan 15, 2023, 04:53 Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
6
7 > Hello list,
8 >
9 > Today's update of my LAN server failed to resolve a block. It said it
10 > couldn't
11 > emerge net-proxy/squid-5.7 because of:
12 >
13 > [blocks B ] <net-proxy/squid-5 ("<net-proxy/squid-5" is hard blocking
14 > net-proxy/squid-5.7)
15 > [,,,]
16 > (net-proxy/squid-5.7:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) pulled in by
17 > net-proxy/squid required by @apps
18 >
19 > That's all I got. No sign of what required <net-proxy/squid-5, nor of
20 > where
21 > the < had come from.
22 >
23 > The apps set does not specify a version, and no other package depends on
24 > squid, so I removed it with emerge -C, then restarted the update, which
25 > ran to
26 > completion.
27 >
28 > It seems to me that portage should have been able to do the same, and
29 > upgrade
30 > squid smoothly.
31 >
32 > --