From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] virtualbox woes
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2022 21:15:00
1 On Sun, Jul 31, 2022 at 10:58 AM Jack <ostroffjh@×××××××××××××××××.net>
2 wrote:
3 <SNIP>
4 > Sorry, I misread. You shut down after it crashes. Any idea what makes
5 > it crash? Does it crash if you just start it and just let it sit?
6 > >
7 > > Jack
8
9 Jack,
10 I'm no expert at reading crash reports but the screenshot he provided
11 earlier looks to me like the boot started, worked its way through the
12 initram stuff and then when handing over control to the main kernel
13 got mixed up and jumped to address 0000 which segfaults.
14
15 I have no idea what that means in terms of a specific Gentoo
16 build. Is the kernel binary corrupted? The initram? Beyond my
17 abilities.
18
19 Mark